After a two-day break following the big game against Pakistan at Manchester’s Old Trafford, Virat Kohli’s men were back in training at the Hampshire Bowl here on Wednesday. First-up, most of them including the skipper and M.S. Dhoni indulged in a spot of sepak takraw, a sport akin to volleyball but one in which only the legs and head were permitted to be used while relaying the ball across the net.
There was chit-chat and comedy too as Hardik Pandya and Yuzvendra Chahal got struck awkwardly while the rest laughed. Later, the Men in Blue trooped to the adjacent practice ground and had a round of nets till an afternoon drizzle forced them to seek the indoor facility. Rohit Sharma, Kohli, K.L. Rahul, Pandya and Dhoni had a hit while Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah wheeled their arms over. Coach Ravi Shastri then had a long chat with Kohli and Pandya.
Dinesh Karthik, meanwhile, did his wicket-keeping drills at the main ground and Kuldeep Yadav had to do his shuttle runs, as part of his fitness regimen. Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who is recovering from a hamstring strain, jogged a bit and even ran up the stairs but he is unlikely to be fit in time for Saturday’s clash against Afghanistan.
- PKL 10: Three-time champion Patna Pirates takes on table-topper Puneri Paltan in the Pro Kabaddi semifinal
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Toss at 7:00 PM, Live Streaming Info
- PKL 10 Semifinal 2: Defending champion Jaipur Pink Panthers clashes against resurgent Haryana Steelers
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: No dearth of drama as India’s premier First-Class tournament heads into knockouts
- Statsman: Ashwin second quickest to reach 500 wickets in Test cricket