England captain Eoin Morgan indicated that opener Jason Roy -- who suffered a hamstring injury a couple of weeks ago -- could return to the team for its crucial World Cup 2019 game against India on Sunday.
Roy has missed England’s last three matches – two of which have ended in defeat.
“With four days of rehabilitation, he is hopeful of being fit. If it is a big risk we will play it as it is,” Morgan told official broadcaster Sky Sports in the post-match presentation on Tuesday.
The England team was initially hopeful of Roy’s return ahead of Tuesday's game against Australia. But he was unable to be fit in time.
- Dipa focuses on Paris Olympics spot after Asian Games disappointment
- ATP Rankings: Novak Djokovic finishes at No. 1 for a record-extending eighth time
- Indian sports news wrap, December 4
- Unnati Hooda keen to perform well in Guwahati Masters
- France sports minister reacts to Nantes fan’s death, pitches ban on away fans