India captain Virat Kohli crossed 1,000 runs for the calendar year 2019 during the World Cup match against Bangladesh in Birmingham on Tuesday.
Kohli scored 26 off 27 balls before Rubel Hossain caught him off Mustafizur Rahman. He currently stands at 1,016 runs in 18 matches at an average of 59.76.
Australia captain Aaron Finch (1,138), Rohit Sharma (1,100) and Usman Khawaja (1,067) also achieved the feat in the ongoing World Cup.
Before the Bangladesh game, Kohli scored five fifties on the trot. The only other game where he didn’t score a half-century was against South Africa.
- Inter Miami vs Toronto FC, Live Score: Lionel Messi starts; Match kicks off
- Arsenal thrashes PSV on Champions League return
- Champions League 2023-24: Bayern beats Manchester United 4-3 for opening Group A win
- BAY 4-3 MUN highlights, Champions League: Bruno, Casmeiro score late but Tel, Kane, Gnabry, Sane goals enough for Bayern to edge win
- Asian Games 2023: Indian football looks for silver lining in Hangzhou; Mandhana eyes win in cricket’s quarterfinal