Bangladesh all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan has been ruled out of the ongoing T20 World Cup with a hamstring injury ahead of its match against South Africa.
"He has a hamstring injury and while the scan reports will tell you about the grade of injury, he is ruled out of the tournament," the source told ANI .
Bangladesh has played three games in the Super 12 stage and is still searching for a win. Shakib's injury is a major dent in the Asian side's hopes in the showpiece event.
Earlier this week, the Event Technical Committee of the tournament approved Rubel Hossain as a replacement for Mohammad Saifuddin in the Bangladesh squad.
Fast bowler Rubel, who has played 159 international matches including 28 T20Is, was named as a replacement after Saifuddin was ruled out due to a back injury.
Rubel was a reserve as per the allowance for teams to travel with extra players in view of COVID-19 quarantine requirements.
- Davis Cup: Sinner has last laugh vs Djokovic, beats him twice to send Italy to the final
- Mohammed Shami, the good samaritan - shares video after helping road accident victim in Nainital
- Squash’s Olympic dream: Indian players eye glory in Los Angeles 2028 after Asian Games triumph
- Toto Wolff fed up with explanations for Mercedes’ poor performance
- ISL 2023-24 points table LIVE: Kerala Blasters at the top, Indian Super League standings in Round 6