A new pavilion stand at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium was formally inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, M.K. Stalin, here on Friday. It was named the ‘Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi Stand’ in honour of the former Chief Minister of the state.
Udayanidhi Stalin, Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development of Tamil Nadu, N. Srinivasan, former Chairman of ICC and President of BCCI, Rupa Gurunath, former TNCA President, former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Dwayne Bravo, Chennai Super Kings’ bowling coach were present on the occasion.
Former India players K. Srikkanth, L. Sivaramakrishnan and members of the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team who are in the city for their pre-season camp too attended the event.
CSK is set to return to its home stadium after four seasons and will play its first home game in the Indian Premier League 2023 against Lucknow Super Giants on April 3, 2023.
India will also play its 3rd one-day international against Australia at the same venue on March 22, 2023.
India vs Australia Chennai tickets
- Australia’s Mitchell Marsh out of ICC World Cup 2023 indefinitely
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, Quarterfinals, Live score: Rahane departs as Mumbai loses two early wickets vs Baroda
- IND vs SL head-to-head in ODI World Cup: India vs Sri Lanka overall results in WC, batting and bowling records
- IND vs SL head-to-head record in ODIs: India vs Sri Lanka overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- League Cup: Liverpool to play West Ham, Chelsea to battle Newcastle in quarters