- ⦿ KL Rahul, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma to be rested in New Zealand. Dinesh Karthik and R Ashwin are also omitted from the T20 series.
- ⦿ Shikhar Dhawan to lead in NZ ODIs. Umran Malik and Kuldeep Sen called up to the squad.
- ⦿ R Jadeja, Rohit, Kohli an Rahul to return for Bangladesh tour.
- ⦿ Hanuma Vihari dropped from Test squad.
- ⦿Chetan Sharma on Dinesh Karthik’s absence: The medical status is an internal matter and cannot be discussed on public platform. This is load management. He is available for selectors. We’re only trying a diff set of players. No problem. He’s a brilliant player
- ⦿Chetan Sharma on Jasprit Bumrah’s fitness: We tried to rush Jasprit Bumrah and you can see what happened. NCA team is looking after him well. Right now, we are a little cautious about including Bumrah. When we rest a player, there is a reason behind it.
- ⦿Chetan Sharma on Ajinkya Rahane: He has been working hard but he will have to score more runs to come back into the team. He knows and understands it. He is in constant touch with the selectors. The selectors don’t need to tell Ajinkya how to break in to the team.
- ⦿On Prithvi Shaw: There is nothing wrong with Prithvi. We have to look at players who are already in the system and doing well. We are in constant touch with him. He will get his chance very soon
- ⦿On Hanuma Vihari’s omission from the squad: Our middle order is packed and the likes of Kohli, Gill, Iyer are there. Some players miss out but it doesn’t mean that they are not in the scheme of things.
Test squad for Bangladesh series: Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul (VC), Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), KS Bharat (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Umesh Yadav.
ODI squad for Bangladesh series: Rohit Sharma (C), KL Rahul (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Rajat Patidar, Shreyas Iyer, Rahul Tripathi, Rishabh Pant (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, W Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Deepak Chahar, Yash Dayal
ODI squad for New Zealand series: Shikhar Dhawan (C), Rishabh Pant (vc & wk), Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson (wk), W Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Shahbaz Ahmed, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Sen, Umran Malik.
T20I squad for New Zealand series: Hardik Pandya (c), Rishabh Pant (vc), Ishan Kishan, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Washington Sundar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Harshal Patel, Mohammed Siraj, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik
New Zealand vs India schedule
- ⦿ 1st T20I: November 18, Wellington
- ⦿ 2nd T20I: November 20, Mount Maunganui
- ⦿ 3rd T20I: November 22, Napier
- ⦿ 1st ODI: November 25, Auckland
- ⦿ 2nd ODI: November 27, Hamilton
- ⦿ 3rd ODI: November 30, Christchurch
Bangladesh vs India schedule
- ⦿ 1st ODI: December 4, Dhaka
- ⦿ 2nd ODI: December 7, Dhaka
- ⦿ 3rd ODI: December 10, Dhaka
- ⦿ 1st Test: December 14-18, Chattogram
- ⦿ 2nd Test: December 22-26, Dhaka
Chetan Sharma all in readinnes to announce the squad.
The live announcement of the limited-overs squad will be done shortly. Stay tuned, the press conference is yet to start.
Chetan Sharma will address the media in about 10 minutes to announce both the squads.
India’s T20 World Cup squad have touched down in Adelaide for its match against Bangladesh on November 2.
Meanwhile in the T20 World Cup, Australia racked up its second win to move to the second spot. The group is wide open with England and New Zealand also in fray for qualification. Here are how the scenarios look like in the group.
Will Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli play in India’s New Zealand tour? The latest buzz suggests that both Rohit and Kohli have requested for rest from the tour to the island nation.
When will India’s squad for New Zealand ODI and T20I tour be announced?
India’s squad for the New Zealand ODI and T20I tour will be announced on Monday by All-India Senior Selection Committee’s chairman, Chetan Sharma at 6:30PM IST.
India’s tour of New Zealand - squad announcement
The All-India Senior Selection Committee, on Monday, will announce India’s squad for its New Zealand tour which is slated to take place after the T20 World Cup 2022.
India will play three T20Is and as many ODIs against the BlackCaps in its first tour of the island nation since early 2020. The series will begin with the T20I series in Wellington on November 18, five days after the T20 World Cup final.