Jasprit Bumrah is fit and available for selection for the third Test against England, which begins in Nottingham on Saturday.
The Gujarat pacer, who suffered a thumb injury during India’s first T20 against Ireland, has been traveling with the squad but has been unable to play any part in the series so far. He has been bowling in the nets too, albeit with a plaster on his left hand. Bumrah made his Test debut in South Africa earlier this year, where he took 14 wickets in the three matches.
Bumrah’s availability poses an interesting question for the team management, which now has four fit pace bowlers to choose from.
Meanwhile, R. Ashwin, who suffered a couple of blows on the fingers while batting on the final day at Lord’s, has also been declared fit. India will also hope that Virat Kohli, who is struggling with a sore back and does not feel he will be able to field with total intensity, will recover in time for Trent Bridge.
The Indian team is scheduled to travel to Nottingham on Wednesday.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures