Thank you for tuning in to Sportstar’s LIVE coverage of the ICC U19 women’s T20 World Cup semifinal between India and New Zealand at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom.
- India rode on Shweta Sherawat’s brilliant half-century to record a comprehensive eight-wicket win over New Zealand to enter the final of the inaugural Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup. The women in blue had to chase a target of 108 after they restricted the Kiwi’s to 107/9 in 20 overs with Parshavi Chopra picking up three wickets.
- IND-W- U-19 94/1 in 12 overs: Shweta Sherawat hits a brilliant half-century off 39 balls with eight hits to the fence to put India in a commanding position. New Zealand has to pick wickets in a cluster to stop the Indian women from entering the final.
- IND-W- U-19 84/1 in 11 overs: India women need 21 in 54 balls and Shweta Sherawat is playing a blinder with an unbeaten 37-ball 43. Soumya Towari is giving good company as the women in blue are clear favourites to win the match.
- IND-W- U-19 55/1 in 6 overs: Shefali Verma has walked back after the opener fell for a 9-ball 10 but in the last five overs, India has scored 47 runs for the loss of just one wicket. Shweta Sehrawat and Soumya Tiwari are batting well with the former playing the role of an accelerator.
- IND-W- U-19 30/0 in 3 overs: Sherawat is on a roll and the timing has been brilliant as gets the scorecard going with another boundary to give her side a good start. New Zealand new ball bowlers have struggled with line and length and the Indian openers have been disciplined with their approach. A steady start in chase of a small total.
- IND-W- U-19 21/0 in 2 overs: Sherawat hits the first boundary for India and the five-wides has helped India get off to a decent start in pursuit of 108 runs. Codyre is struggling with her line and length and would ideally want to make an early breakthrough to keep her side in the game. Shafali, meanwhile has blazed off with a boundary.
- IND-W- U-19 4/0 in 1 over: Shafali Verma and Sheata Sherawat have begun India’s chase of 108 and the opening stand will be crucial with Verma holding the key for India’s entry into the final. Both batswomen are off the mark and will look to give a solid start.
- NZ-W- U-19 107/9 in 20 overs: OUT! Another run-out. Parshavi Chopra stars with the ball with a three-wicket haul as India women restricted New Zealand to 107/9 in 20 overs with Georgia Plimmer top-scoring with a 32-ball 35. India needs to bat well on a pitch that is assisting spin to book a place in the final.
- NZ-W- U-19 99/8 in 19 overs: With just one over to go, New Zealand women will look to cross the 100-run mark while India will be pleased by its disciplined attack with the ball.
- NZ-W- U-19 92/8 in 18 overs: OUT! Loggenburg is run out and India is all over New Zealand. A top through from Basu at mid-wicket and Ghosh does the rest by whipping the bails off.
- NZ-W- U-19 91/7 in 17 overs: OUT! Archana Devi has her first wicket and New Zealand’s collapse continues like a pack of cards. Another top-edge and this time Plimmer falls with Parshavi Chopra taking a good catch at the deep.
- NZ-W- U-19 85/6 in 16 overs: OUT! Shafali Verma strikes as Kate Irwin departs for a false shot. Kate goes for an ambitious big shot but gets a top edge as New Zealand continues to slip. Six down and India truly on top.
- NZ-W- U-19 83/5 in 15 overs: Bit of confusion between Plimmer and Irwin but New Zealand avoided a run-out. However, India is bowling well, attacking by tossing the ball up and a wicket might just be around the corner.
- NZ-W- U-19 75/5 in 14 overs: Shafali Verma rolls out another brilliant over, giving just a single as India aims to close out the New Zealand innings. Death bowling will be something to watch out for.
- NZ-W- U-19 74/5 in 13 overs: OUT! Another wicket and Parshavi Chopra has three wickets in her kitty. India well and truly on top of New Zealand with Irwin pulling one to the Hrishita Basu at mid-wicket.
- NZ-W- U-19 66/4 in 12 overs: Shafali Verma comes into the attack and starts well by giving just three runs in her opening over. New Zealand under pressure.
- NZ-W- U-19 63/4 in 11 overs: Georgia Plimmer and Emma Irwin have a task in their hands as the duo look to rebuild the innings with wickets falling at almost every over.
- NZ-W- U-19 63/4 in 11 overs: OUT! Chopra strikes and the spinner picks her second wicket by dismissing Izzy Sharp who hits a full toss stright to the fielder at mid-wicket. India bossing the game.
- NZ-W- U-19 63/3 in 10 overs: Mannat Kashya having picked a wicket is looking for another one and New Zealand is looking vulnerable in search of quick runs. Izzy Sharp and Georgia Plimmer are currently at the crease, trying to take the initiative of putting the women in blue in the backfoot.
- NZ-W- U-19 57/3 in 9 overs: Izzy Sharp puts the pressure back on India with a six over the long-on boundary as New Zealand progresses ahead despite losing wickets. The momentum has swung both ways with spin playing a major role. The run-rate has been good and New Zealand will look to dominate with its skipper in the middle.
- NZ-W- U-19 47/3 in 8 overs: Mannat Kashyap starts in a decent fashion as she gives five runs in her third over and the good part is she didn’t concede a boundary.
- NZ-W- U-19 42/3 in 7 overs: OUT! Parshavi Chopra strikes in her very first over as she traps the dangerous Isabella Gaze who falls for a 22-ball 26. With revolutions on the ball Chopra pitched it on the length as Gaze went for a pull and missed the ball completely to be trapped plumb in front of the wickets.
- NZ-W- U-19 40/2 in 6 overs: Isabella Gaze is dealing in boundaries as she smashes Sonam Yadav through the covers for her fourth boundary as New Zealand accelerates after losing two quick wickets. Sonam Yadav is trying to attack the stumps but is quick through the air, thereby making the life of batswomen bit easy in the middle as the boundaries have come easily. The end of PowerPlay and although India made early inroads, New Zealand women are up and running.
- NZ-W- U-19 27/2 in 5 overs: Isabella Gaze counter-attacks as she whacks Titas Sadhu for three boundaries in the over, with a superb pull through the midwicket being the shot of the day. 12 runs of the over and The Black Caps rebuild with Gaze looking in very good shape.
- NZ-W- U-19 15/2 in 4 overs: Mannat Kashyap and Titas Sadhu have picked a wicket each and this has brilliant start for the India U-19 girld. Having got two early wickets, the track has aided turn as Kashyap is bowling a beautiful line, purchasing spin and bounce. Plimmer scores the first boundary of the innings as New Zealand is in the rebuilding phase with 15/2 at the end of four overs.
- NZ-W U-19 8/2 in 3 overs: OUT! Sadhu traps McLeod plumb in front as India removes both openers in the opening 13 balls. Another successful over comes to an end as India has its tail up.
- NZ-W U-19 5/1 in 2 overs: Left-arm spinner Mannat Kashyap to share the new ball. McLeod survives! She manages to pull it up and over Hrishita Basu at midwicket. Wicket! A sharp catch by Soumya Tiwari in the slip sees the back of Browning, New Zealand’s top-scorer in the tournament. The soft signal was out and the third umpire is convinced with the replays as well. Dropped by Gongadi Trisha! The first opportunity in the deep goes abegging. Georgia Plimmer breathes.
- NZ-W U-19 2/0 in 1 over: Titas Sadhu opens the bowling. Anna Browning takes strike with Emma McLeod at the other end. There is hardly any movement but the pacer will be looking to test the batters on the line just outside the off-stump. India has four fielders on the off-side and a slip in place for Browning. Both batters are off the mark.
Time for the national anthems. New Zealand is up first.
It is very hot in Potchefstroom. It is a fresh surface, hasn’t been used in the tournament thus far. There is an even spread of grass and it is expected to play nicely.
IND-W U19: Shweta Sehrawat, Shafali Verma (c), Soumya Tiwari, Gongadi Trisha, Richa Ghosh (w), Hrishita Basu, Titas Sadhu, Mannat Kashyap, Archana Devi, Parshavi Chopra, Sonam Yadav
NZ-W U19: Emma McLeod, Anna Browning, Georgia Plimmer, Isabella Gaze (w), Izzy Sharp (c), Emma Irwin, Kate Irwin, Paige Loggenberg, Natasha Codyre, Kayley Knight, Abigail Hotton
Lisa McCabe (On Field), Sarah Bartlett (On Field), Neeyamur Rashid (referee)
The India women’s U-19 team has won the toss and decided to bowl first.
India will be facing New Zealand in the first-ever semifinal of the ICC U-19 women’s T20 World Cup at Senwes Park, Potchefstroom in South Africa today.
The Indian girls finished atop Group 1 to seal their last-four berth. It will face New Zealand, which had finished second in the other pool despite staying undefeated in the tournament.
Meanwhile, England will take on Australia in the second semifinal. Both the semifinals are scheduled to be held on January 27.
The winners of these two matches will face off in Sunday’s final, also in Potchefstroom.
- IND-W: WLWWW
- NZ-W: WWWWW
Where to watch live streaming of India vs New Zealand, ICC U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup semifinal?
Fancode has been streaming all the games from the U-19 Women’s T20 World Cup and will continue to do so for the semifinal and final.
India Women U19: Shafali Verma (c), Shweta Sehrawat, Richa Ghosh (w), Soumya Tiwari, Gongadi Trisha, Hrishita Basu, Titas Sadhu, Mannat Kashyap, Archana Devi, Parshavi Chopra, Sonam Yadav, Hurley Gala, Sonia Mendhiya, Shabnam MD, Falak Naz, Soppadhandi Yashasri
New Zealand Women U19: Anna Browning, Emma McLeod, Georgia Plimmer, Isabella Gaze (w), Izzy Sharp (c), Tash Wakelin, Kate Irwin, Paige Loggenberg, Natasha Codyre, Abigail Hotton, Kayley Knight, Kate Chandler, Olivia Anderson, Louisa Kotkamp, Emma Irwin
- Sreenidi Deccan FC releases 16 players ahead of new campaign
- Sachithra Senanayake, former Sri Lanka spinner, arrested over match-fixing accusations
- Hima Das provisionally suspended by NADA for three whereabouts failures
- Bhavani Devi talks fencing, finances and fitness as she eyes Paris 2024 Olympics qualification
- China Open 2023: Indian challenge ends after Satwik-Chirag bow out in opening round