Following a Rajasthan High Court order on 25th October 2017, the BCCI has decided to consider revoking its suspension of the Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) at its Special General Meeting in New Delhi on December 11. The BCCI has, however, has set stiff conditions for this.
The RCA was suspended from the membership of the BCCI in May, 2014 soon after the “banned-for-life from BCCI and State unit activities, former IPL Chairman and BCCI vice-president, Lalit Kumar Modi” was elected president of the association. Modi was banned at an SGM following a disciplinary process conducted by the BCCI’s Disciplinary Committee in September 2013.
Read: BCCI keen to modify FTP
In a 14-page note circulated to the members of the BCCI, it has been emphatically stated that the board shall consider not having the RCA suspended, provided it gives an undertaking that
(1) Modi shall never be permitted to contest any election for any post of any office bearer in either the RCA or any of its affiliated bodies;
(2) he shall not be permitted to associate himself either directly or indirectly in any manner with any form of cricket administration in any capacity whatsoever pertaining to RCA or any of its affiliated bodies;
(3) he shall never be associated in any capacity or hold any kind of membership in either the RCA or any of its affiliated bodies;
(4) the RCA shall ensure termination of association of Modi in any capacity with itself and its affiliated units;
(5) the RCA shall undertake that all cases filed by it or its member associations against the BCCI shall be withdrawn immediately and that no further litigation shall be commenced either by it or by any of its members against the BCCI on account of compliance with the aforesaid conditions, and
(6) the RCA shall call a General Body Meeting and thereafter pass a resolution accepting each of the aforesaid conditions unreservedly and pass a resolution stating that the same are complied with.
Undertaking before High Court
Furthermore, it has also been recommended to the BCCI members that office-bearers of the RCA shall individually file undertakings on behalf of the Association before the High Court stating the following
(1) unequivocally agreeing to each of the above conditions, stating that the same have been carried out;
(2) give further undertaking to the High Court that they shall strictly abide by the aforesaid conditions as a precondition for revocation of its suspension with the further stipulation that in case any of the provisions of the undertaking are breached it shall result in automatic suspension of the Association, stoppage of all monies and funds from the BCCI without any further show cause notice or suspension proceedings being commenced/required and that further each and every one of them shall render themselves liable for contempt of the High Court.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season