The BCCI President, Anurag Thakur, met officials from the Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) in Belagavi on Saturday.
G.K. Mahantesh, the CABI President, briefed Thakur on the preparations underway for the 2nd T20 World Cup for the Blind, to be held in India from January 28 to February 12. CABI sought the BCCI's support in conducting the tournament, requesting to be allowed to use its cricket grounds, besides asking for financial help.
“Mr. Thakur gave us an earnest hearing and has promised to do his best. He has also assured us he will look into the request for support in detail," said Mahantesh.
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season