India recorded a thumping 227-run win over the UAE in the U-19 Asia Cup, here, on Sunday, with openers Anuj Rawat and Devdut Padikkal hitting centuries and spinner Siddarth Desai picking up six wickets.
Opting to bat, India was served well by a 205-run opening partnership between Rawat (102) and Padikkal (121). Skipper Pawan Shah (45), Sameer Choudhary (42) and Ayush Badoni (21) made quick runs to power India to a formidable 354 for six in 50 overs.
Choudhary knocked off his runs in just 19 balls, while Badoni was quicker. During its chase, UAE lost wickets at regular intervals and was never in contention for challenging India’s total.
Barring a third-wicket stand of 53 runs between Ali Mirza and Figy John, there wasn’t a contribution worth mentioning.
India’s left-arm spin bowler Desai returned impressive figures of six for 24 in 8.5 overs. UAE was bowled out for 133 in 33.5 overs.
Sri Lanka beat Hong Kong by 10 wickets in Chittagong. India defeated Nepal by 171 runs in a Group A game on Saturday.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr enters knockouts with goalless draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second