The Netherlands cricket team has expressed its disappointment over being denied permission to train in Dharamsala ahead of next month's ICC World T20. The Dutch team is currently in the middle of a 12-day-long preparatory camp at the Alur grounds here. It would have preferred, however, to train in Dharamsala, given that all its Group A games are to be played at the HPCA Stadium.
“We requested the ICC to allow us to prepare in Dharamsala, but they told us that it would not be possible,” said Ed van Nierop, the team Manager. “We were thus a bit surprised to see both Ireland and Bangladesh being allowed to prepare in Dharamsala. We're a bit puzzled. We're disappointed that we weren't allowed to train in Dharamsala.”
At the end of its camp here on February 29, the Netherlands will play two warm-up matches at Mohali.
- Champions League 2023-24: Dortmund through to last 16 with 3-1 win over AC Milan
- Champions League 2023-24: Immobile double earns Lazio 2-0 win over Celtic
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Toss updates; Mumbai vs Pondicherry, TN faces Baroda; Bengal meets MP
- Champions League 2023-24: Atletico beats Feyenoord 3-1 to reach knockouts
- Champions League 2023-24: Last-gasp Mbappe penalty earns PSG 1-1 draw with Newcastle