Indian Premier League (IPL) team Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) will be without the services of its star batsman Chris Gayle in its next two matches as he has gone back to the West Indies to be with his partner Natasha Berridge, who is expecting their first child.
A photo posted by KingGayle (@chrisgayle333) on Apr 17, 2016 at 9:39pm PDT
Yesterday, the West Indian had tweeted a picture of himself on board an aircraft, with the caption, “I’m on my way, Baby.”
Gayle will miss tomorrow’s away game against Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede Stadium and also the next game against Rising Pune Supergiants in Pune on Friday.
However, Gayle’s RCB teammate Sarfaraz Khan said it was still not known how many games he would miss.
“He has got a son. He’s gone back (to Jamaica) to see him,” said Sarfaraz at the pre-match media conference today. "It’s uncertain how many games he will miss before rejoining the squad.
RCB faces Gujarat Lions on Sunday in Rajkot.
The big-hitting Jamaican is yet to fire in the Indian Premier League but his skipper Virat Kohli said he was not worried about Gayle’s form.
> READ: MI tied in knots as it takes on RCB
The 36-year-old was out for just 1 run against Sunrisers Hyderabad and was dismissed for a three-ball duck by captain Zaheer Khan against Delhi Daredevils.
RCB defeated Sunrisers but lost to Daredevils.
Latest on Sportstar
- Ancelotti hails Madrid legend Benzema, calls his decision to leave ‘surprising’
- Indian sports news wrap, June 5
- IPL trends - 200-plus totals, impact of Impact Player, and rise of Indian finishers
- FA Cup final recap - When Man City dominated as predicted, but United resisted more than expected
- Jim Hines, first sprinter under 10 secs, dies aged 76