M. S. Dhoni scored his first half-century of the 2019 Indian Premier League season against Rajasthan Royals on Sunday at Chepauk. The Chennai Super Kings skipper now has a fifty in every IPL season since the inaugural edition in 2008.
Dhoni has 21 half-centuries, 19 for CSK and two for Rising Pune Supergiants, against his name in 178 matches. He, however, is yet to score a hundred.
The 37-year-old's final flourish against the Royals enabled CSK to finish with 175/5 at the end of 20 overs. He smashed three successive sixes off Jaydev Undakat in the 20th over to end unbeaten on 75.
Latest on Sportstar
- Alcaraz beats Tsitsipas, sets up French Open semifinal clash with Djokovic
- French Open 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: Alcaraz, Djokovic set up semifinal clash
- WTC Final 2023: Broad hopes Pujara and Kohli make Australia toil ahead of the Ashes
- Euro-leagues round-up: The endgame heroes
- Champions League: Kyle Walker misses training session due to back problem