Ireland beat Afghanistan by five wickets on Thursday to take a 2-0 lead in their five-match Twenty20 International series.
Afghanistan won the toss and struggled with the bat as Ireland bowlers Josh Little, Mark Adair, Curtis Campher and Gareth Delany took two wickets apiece.
The tourist reached 122 for eight from its 20 overs. Hashmatullah Shahidi top-scored with 36 from 42 balls.
Ireland lost opener Paul Stirling (4) in the third over with only seven runs on the board, but captain Andy Balbirnie and Lorcan Tucker shared 65 for the second wicket, with Balbirnie making 46 from 36 balls and Tucker 27 from 28.
Mohammad Nabi took two for 15 for Afghanistan, but George Dockrell’s unbeaten 25 helped Ireland reach its target with an over to spare.
- India vs Australia Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Final: Toss at 1:30pm, lineups out soon; Rohit’s men aim to extend winning run at Narendra Modi Stadium
- India vs Australia, World Cup final: Keep calm and play cricket, says captain Rohit before summit clash
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 Final: Cummins keen on silencing one-sided home crowd
- NBA roundup: Thunder sink Warriors again, this time in OT
- 2003 World Cup reporter diary: Vijay Lokapally revisits covering the India vs Australia final in Johannesburg