Musheer Khan, the Mumbai Under-16 captain, has been suspended for three years for “ugliest behaviour, gross misconduct and bringing the name of the association to disrepute” by the Mumbai Cricket Association’s (MCA’s) ad-hoc managing committee.
“The ad-hoc managing committee found you guilty of gross misconduct and bringing the name of the association to disrepute. It was also noted that you have failed in your duties as captain of the team by resorting to the ugliest behaviour which has shocked the entire team and the committee. In fact this incident also affected the team atmosphere and is against the very principles of sportsmanship and healthy atmosphere amongst the team members,” stated a letter signed by the MCA chief executive C.S. Naik and Prof. Dr. Unmesh Khanvilkar.
The letter, issued on January 15 after an inquiry conducted by the ad-hoc committee following a complaint by his team-mate and team manager, was accessed by Sportstar .
The suspension, according to the letter, will stand till January 14, 2022. The left-arm spinner and top-order batsman is set to appeal against the suspension.
Musheer, the younger brother of Sarfaraz Khan, is understood to have been involved in an altercation with team-mate Vedanta Gadia during Mumbai’s Vijay Merchant Trophy quarterfinal loss to Uttar Pradesh in Kadapa.
Musheer is understood to have made obscene gestures at Gadia during the altercation in the presence of the committee.
The incident was reported by Vighnesh Kadam, the team manager, to the association and Gadia complained formally upon the team’s return to Mumbai.
The ad-hoc committee conducted the hearing in the presence of Gadia, Musheer, Kadam, team members Varun Rao and Saurabh Singh, coach Sandesh Kawle and U-16 chief selector Atul Ranade.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea