England has recalled fit-again fast bowler Ollie Robinson for the first two Tests of their three-match series against South Africa that starts at Lord’s on Aug. 17 as a replacement for the injured Jamie Overton.
Ollie Robinson has himself only recently returned to action after a back problem and will test his fitness in a four-day game for the England Lions against touring South Africa in Canterbury starting next Tuesday.
Sam Billings, who had been covering for concussed wicketkeeper Ben Foakes, drops out of the squad that beat India by seven wickets last month - a fourth win in a row under the new leadership of coach Brendon McCullum and captain Ben Stokes.
Robinson’s last Test was against Australia in Hobart in January. He has 39 wickets at an average of 21.28 in his nine appearances to date.
The squad is for the first two matches of the series at Lord’s and then Old Trafford (Aug. 25-29) and will be reassessed ahead of the third and final game at The Oval (Sept. 8-12).
- India vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rohit completes half century, Kohli struggles early on - IND v NED match updates
- Rohit Sharma completes 500 runs in World Cup 2023, equals Tendulkar record
- India’s highest PowerPlay scores in World Cup 2023
- MotoGP 2023: Bastianini wins Malaysian Grand Prix as Bagnaia extends title lead
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads