All-rounder Shakib Al Hasan returned from injury as Bangladesh Saturday made wholesale changes in its squad for the two-match Twenty20 international series against Sri Lanka.
At least five uncapped players - wicketkeeper-batsman Zakir Hasan, pace bowler Abu Jayed and all-rounders Ariful Haque, Mahedi Hasan and Afif Hossain - have been included in the 15-man squad for the series, announced just after the conclusion of a Test series.
Fast bowler Abu Hider has been recalled for the first time since the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 in India, while Tamim Iqbal and Mustafizur Rahman also returned after missing a two-match Twenty20 series against South Africa in October.
Mominul Haque, Imrul Kayes, Liton Das, Nasir Hossain, Mehedi Hasan, Shafiul Islam and Taskin Ahmed, who were part of the Bangladesh squad for the South African T20s, have been dropped.
Shakib will lead the side after missing out the just-concluded Test series due to a finger injury.
Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 215 runs in the second Test on Saturday to win the Test series 1-0.
The result came after its success in the preceding tri-nation one-day international tournament, where it beat host Bangladesh in the final.
The first of the two-match Twenty20 series will be held on February 15 in Dhaka and the second match will be played at Sylhet on February 18.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.