Medium-pacer Deepti Sharma destroyed Sri Lanka’s top order en route to registering career-best figures of 6 for 20 against Sri Lanka to help India to a seven-wicket victory, and thereby take a 3-0 sweep of the One-Day International series in Ranchi. Choosing to bat, Sri Lanka stumbled to 112 all out in 38 overs, the innings never gaining much momentum owing to repeated strikes by Sharma, alongside another seamer Shikha Pandey, and offspinner Preeti Bose. Dilani Manodara was Sri Lanka’s highest scorer, with 23.
In reply, India was reduced to 18 for 2, as the openers were dismissed cheaply. No. 3 for this match, Veda Krishnamurthy, stabilised the innings with a partnership of 70 with Sharma, which was broken when Sharma was stumped for 28. Krishnamurthy finished with an unbeaten 61, and saw India home in the 30th over with Pandey.
The women's teams will play three Twenty20 Internationals at the same venue, beginning on Monday, before participating in the World Twenty20 in March.
Latest on Sportstar
- Former France captain Henry recalled for Women’s FIFA World Cup 2023
- IND vs AUS Dream 11 prediction, WTC Final 2023: India vs Australia Playing 11 updates, fantasy picks, pitch report, squads
- One of my best matches, says Alcaraz after French Open masterclass
- PGA Tour, LIV Golf merge to end golf’s ‘civil war’
- Spanish rider dies at Isle of Man TT races