Sri Lanka on Wednesday named depleted squads for a six-match tour of Pakistan, after 10 top players opted out citing security concerns.
Lahiru Thirimanne has replaced one-day international skipper Dimuth Karunaratne, who refused to join the tour along with Twenty20 skipper Lasith Malinga.
Thirimanne will lead a 15-member ODI squad, while the 16-member T20 squad will be led by Dasun Shanaka.
A majority of international teams have refused to tour Pakistan following a March 2009 militant attack on the Sri Lankan team bus during a Test match in Lahore.
The other eight players who opted out of the Pakistan tour are Thisara Perera, Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Akila Dananjaya, Suranga Lakmal and Dinesh Chandimal.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Mumbai bowls out Tamil Nadu for 146; Vidarbha 170 all out vs Madhya Pradesh
- AIFF women’s committee discusses appointment of new coaches
- CSK training camp ahead of IPL 2024 gets underway
- Indian boxers renew quest for Paris Olympic quotas in Italy
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win