Australia paceman Mitchell Starc continued his fine form ahead of the Ashes, taking a Sheffield Shield hat-trick on Monday.
The left-armer removed Jason Behrendorff, David Moody and Simon Mackin for his hat-trick for New South Wales against Western Australia at Hurstville Oval.
READ: Anderson sets standard for England in drawn tour game
Starc finished with figures of 4-56 as his team took a 94-run first-innings lead.
The speedster is coming off a 10-wicket haul against South Australia and his form will give Australia further confidence ahead of the first Test against England beginning in Brisbane on November 23.
Latest on Sportstar
- From the horse’s mouth: Tushar Deshpande and Akash Singh explain what makes Chennai Super Kings special
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 54/1 (16 overs); Warner, Labuschagne build firm stand
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita, women’s 4x400m relay team win gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- World of cricket: England tastes Stoke-less success, schedule ODI World Cup 2023 to be announced at WTC final
- Unlikely Champions League finalist Inter Milan out to upset Manchester City