Top-order batter Fakhar Zaman is in Pakistan’s 15-member squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said on Friday.
Fakhar will arrive in Brisbane on Saturday along with Shaheen Afridi, with both players having recovered from their knee injuries.
Fakhar was originally named in the travelling reserves but swapped places with Usman Qadir after the leg-spinner needed more time to recover from a hairline fracture on his right thumb.
Qadir was injured during the seven-match Twenty20 International series against England last month. He will now be among the reserves for Pakistan along with fast bowler Shahnawaz Dahani and wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Haris.
Fakhar had to skip the series against England after injuring his knee during the final of the Asia Cup against Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates last month. The left-handed batter will be available for selection for Pakistan’s two warm-up games against England and Afghanistan next week, during which his fitness will be assessed.
Pakistan opens its T20 World Cup campaign against rival India on October 23.
- IPL auction: Five World Cup stars who could get an Indian Premier League contract on December 19
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT