Virat Kohli was adjudged Player of the Tournament after Australia beat India in the ICC ODI World Cup final played at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad on Sunday.
Kohli scored 765 runs in 11 innings, and struck three centuries and six fifties. The 35-year-old averaged 95.62 and scored his runs at a strike rate of 90.31.
In the final against Australia, he scored 54 off 63 balls. During the 2023 World Cup campaign, Kohli also broke the world record of Sachin Tendulkar and reached his 50th ODI century.
WORLD CUP PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT AWARD WINNERS
- 1992 - Martin Crowe (NZ) - 456 runs
- 1996 - Sanath Jayasuriya (SL) - 221 runs and six wickets
- 1999 - Lance Klusener (SA) - 281 runs and 17 wickets
- 2003 - Sachin Tendulkar (IND) - 673 runs and two wickets
- 2007 - Glenn McGrath (AUS) - 26 wickets
- 2011 - Yuvraj Singh (IND) - 362 Runs and 15 wickets
- 2015 - Mitchell Starc (AUS) - 22 Wickets
- 2019 - Kane Williamson (NZ) - 578 runs and 2 wickets; captaincy
- 2023 - Virat Kohli (IND) - 765 runs and 1 wicket
- IND vs AUS, ODI World Cup 2023: Virat Kohli adjudged Player of the Tournament
- Arsene Wenger looks to help India find its feet in football with AIFF-FIFA Academy
- India vs Qatar LIVE score, IND 0-1 QAT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Meshaal scores early opening goal, Thapa misses big chance near half time
- ICC World Cup 2023: Australia saved its best for the last, says captain Cummins after beating India in final
- FIFA World Cup 2026 AFC qualification: How can India qualify for FIFA WC?