Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma became the eighth pair of batters to aggregate 5000 ODI partnership runs during India’s Asia Cup game against Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
They are also the third Indian pair to reach the landmark figure after Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly and Rohit and Shikhar Dhawan.
Rohit and Kohli also became the quickest pair ever to the landmark, surpassing the legendary West Indies duo of Gordon Greenidge and Desmond Haynes, who reached the mark in 97 innings.
Kohli and Rohit reached the 5000 mark in their 86th ODI partnership. The duo has combined together for 18th-century partnerships and 15 half-century stands with an average of 62.47.
Their highest partnership came in 2018 when the right-handed duo put on a 246-run stand against Australia at Guwahati to chase down a daunting target of 323.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 2: BAR 134/4 vs BEN; GOA 142/3 chasing 297 vs TN; UTK 117/4 vs KAR; Delhi, HAR, VID win
- Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch CFC vs EB match; Preview
- Manchester City vs Liverpool: Head-to-head records, numbers, stats; Guardiola looks to draw level with Klopp
- Argentina and Brazil charged by FIFA after fan violence delays World Cup qualifying game at Maracana
- Brazil ends year in poor shape under interim coach as it waits for word from Carlo Ancelotti