At only 19 years old, Melchie Dumornay has already helped Haiti qualify for the Women’s World Cup for the first time in its history.
But it’s not just starring in the tournament that’s motivating her. “We hope that, thanks to the World Cup, other children and generations to come will be more fulfilled” she says.
Haiti will compete in group D alongside England, China and Netherlands. It will take on the Three Lions in the campaign opener on July 22.
- More teams to qualify directly for reshaped Women’s Champions League - UEFA
- ECB launch cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Real Madrid defender Carvajal out until next year due to calf injury
- Manchester City charged by FA over player conduct in Spurs draw
- ISL 2023: East Bengal blanks NorthEast United 5-0; Silva, Sekar shine