England striker Alessia Russo has joined Arsenal on a free transfer after leaving Manchester United, the Women’s Super League side said on Tuesday.
The 24-year-old, who joined United in 2020 and made 59 appearances in all competitions, scoring 26 goals, announced last month that she was leaving the club after her contract expired.
“We are delighted to confirm that Alessia Russo has joined us on a permanent deal,” Arsenal said in a statement.
Russo, who has scored 11 goals in 21 appearances for the Lionesses and was part of the team that won last year’s European Championship on home soil, is preparing for the Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand which begins on July 20.
- IND vs NZ Live Score Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Toss, lineup updates; Rohit Sharma & Co look to extend winning run to 10-0
- IND vs NZ Live Toss Updates, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Will coin flip favour Rohit Sharma or Kane Williamson?
- Rory McIlroy resigns from PGA Tour’s policy board
- NBA In-Season tournament: Pacers beats 76ers, ends Philly’s 8-game winning streak
- India vs New Zealand head-to-head record in ODIs ahead of World Cup semifinal: Overall stats, most runs, wickets