The Italian army was called to AS Roma’s training ground after several unexploded Second World War bombs were discovered, the Serie A club said on Saturday.
“A big thank you to the Italian army and their bomb squad, after they safely and successfully removed a number of devices dating back to the Second World War from the club's training centre at Trigoria,” club said on Twitter .
It also showed a picture of soldiers removing the bombs which appeared to be around one foot long.
The Il Messaggero newspaper said that there were around 20 bombs which were uncovered during work to build new pitches.
- Bowl stump to stump: MP’s Anubhav shines with the ball against Andhra after following coach Pandit’s advice
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Mauricio strikes the crossbar, Cummings comes in for Sadiku
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore faces UP Warriorz in campaign opener; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- Ranji Trophy 2024 Quarterfinal: Musheer Khan hits maiden double century, puts Mumbai in command against Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Mhambrey surprised with variable bounce as India left tottering after second day