Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa has pulled out of the Spain squad for personal reasons with Iago Aspas called up as his replacement.
New boss Luis Enrique had included Costa as one of three out-and-out centre-forwards for the upcoming Nations League matches against England and Croatia.
Celta forward Aspas, 31, will instead get another chance to impress having initially been one of 10 World Cup participants omitted from Enrique's first squad.
The ex-Liverpool man scored once in Russia during a group stage draw with Morocco, but crucially missed his attempt in the last-16 shootout defeat to the host nation.
Aspas, who has won 13 caps in total, opened his account for the new season in Celta's 2-0 weekend win over Atleti, for whom Costa played a full 90 minutes.
Spain takes on England at Wembley Stadium on September 8, three days before the home meeting with Croatia.
- Al Ain vs Al Nassr Highlights, AFC Champions League Quarterfinal: Rahimi goal gives host 1-0 advantage in first leg
- AFC Champions League quarterfinal: Ronaldo’s Al Nassr suffers narrow loss against Al Ain in first-leg
- ISL 2023-24: NorthEast United FC’s playoffs challenge takes a hit with a 2-2 draw against Hyderabad FC
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore beats UP Warriorz, finishes home leg on a high
- Indian shuttler B Sai Praneeth retires from international badminton