ATK Mohun Bagan goalkeeper Amrinder Singh tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday and, he has been left out of the Indian team for the SAFF Championships starting in Maldives on October 1.
"Yes, he has been tested positive for COVID-19," a source from the ATK Mohun Bagan told PTI on conditions of anonymity.
"He tested positive at his home in Chandigarh. He was to join the national camp today," he added.
The 28-year-old Amrinder was initially named in the 23-member Indian squad for the SAFF Championships but was later replaced by Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem.
"#BlueTigers goalkeeper Amrinder Singh has been replaced by Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem in the Indian National Team squad that is to travel to the Maldives for the SAFF Championship on Tuesday," the official Twitter handle of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) said hours after it announced the squad.
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final 2023, India vs Australia: All You Need To Know, Playing Conditions, squad, live streaming info
- Kane? Osimhen? Who could replace Benzema at Real Madrid?
- Wembanyama could make summer league debut in Sacramento after NBA draft
- Indian sports news wrap, June 5
- French Open: Jabeur eases past Pera to move into quarterfinals