Barcelona and Toulouse have reached an agreement for Jean-Clair Todibo to move to Camp Nou with immediate effect.
Earlier this month, the La Liga champion secured the 19-year-old's services on a free transfer, with his Toulouse contract set to expire at the end of this season.
Todibo was set to join Barca on July 1 but the transfer has now been brought forward by six months at a reported cost of €2million, although terms have not been officially disclosed.
Viewed as one of the most promising defensive prospects in Ligue 1, Todibo has started 10 top-flight games this season and can also operate in holding midfield. His contract with Barcelona will run until the end of the 2022-23 campaign and he takes squad number six, which was made vacant by Denis Suarez's loan departure to Arsenal.
Earlier on transfer deadline day, Barca secured the €12m capture of Atletico Mineiro right-back Emerson, who will acclimatise to LaLiga for the remainder of this season through a loan spell at Real Betis.
- Charlton shines, Duplantis reigns supreme at world indoors
- Chelsea routs Leicester to go top of Women’s Super League
- Barcelona and Athletic share spoils in goalless draw
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss