NEC Nijmegen forward Bas Dost was recovering in hospital on Sunday after collapsing on the pitch during their Eredivisie match at AZ Alkmaar with the game later abandoned.
The 34-year-old former Netherlands international, who regained consciousness and was carried off the field, later said on NEC’s social media that he was feeling good.
“The AZ-NEC match was stopped in the 90th minute on Sunday evening with the score 1-2. Bas Dost collapsed on the field and was immediately helped by all the emergency services present,” NEC said in a statement on their website.
“Dost was carried from the field by the emergency services and taken to hospital.”
Players from both teams stood around Dost, who scored the opening goal and provided the assist for NEC’s second, while he was being treated.
“I’m doing well. The help I received on the field was fantastic,” Dost said on X, formerly known as Twitter, “I’m in the hospital now and I feel good. Thanks for all the support!”
AZ posted a message saying: “Bas Dost is fortunately conscious. Wishing you a lot of recovery and strength, Bas.”
- RCB vs UPW Live Score, WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore faces UP Warriorz in campaign opener; eyes on Mandhana, Healy
- Odisha FC vs Mohun Bagan LIVE Score, OFC 0-0 MBSG, ISL 2023-24: Mauricio strikes the crossbar, Cummings comes in for Sadiku
- Ranji Trophy 2024 Quarterfinal: Musheer Khan hits maiden double century, puts Mumbai in command against Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Mhambrey surprised with variable bounce as India left tottering after second day
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 Quarterfinals: Musheer’s double century puts Mumbai in strong position in Day 2