Hansi Flick is hopeful Bayern Munich can come to a positive resolution with a group of club stalwarts whose contracts are set to expire in 2021.
Flick was, on Friday, signed to a three-year deal by Bayern, having taken over as interim coach in November and restored the side as Bundesliga favourite after a poor start under Niko Kovac.
Bayern is four points clear at the top with the Bundesliga, like most leagues across Europe, suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Thomas Muller penned a new deal to remain with Bayern until 2023 on Tuesday, but a host of others will be out of contract at the end of next season.
Manuel Neuer, David Alaba, Jerome Boateng, Javi Martinez and Thiago Alcantara will all be heading into the final year of their current deals in the 2020-21 campaign.
Asked about prospective extensions for the quintet, Flick told a media conference held via Zoom : "These are also decisions that every player has to take for themselves.
"In the past weeks and months, I have already explained how important Manuel Neuer, David Alaba or Thiago are to us.
"They have undergone enormous developments over the past six months and were real top performers. The club also noticed that and I hope that it goes in the right direction."
The Bundesliga is suspended until at least April 30 and the likelihood is that, if it is to resume, the season will be completed behind closed doors.
On the so-called 'ghost games', Flick added: "The DFL [German Football League] is based on very clear guidelines. So everything is controlled.
"We have to be open to changes in the short term in connection with politics and the whole development.
"At the moment we should avoid physical contact, so we concentrate after three weeks of cyber training.
"It's a welcome change for the players. It takes time to get things back in. It's important that you can get used to it again.
"We will also have to get used to the fact that the games will take place without fans. We want to deal with it professionally."
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia opts to bat; No Ashwin, Ishan in India playing XI
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games 2023: Anant in action in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, Ashi bronze in 50m rifle 3P; Esha wins 25m women’s pistol silver; India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold- Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth