Bayern Munich forward Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting will miss his side’s Champions League quarter-final first leg game at Manchester City on Tuesday night due to a knee injury, the Bundesliga leaders said on Monday.
Choupo-Moting, who is in his third season with Bayern after stints with Paris St Germain and Stoke City, is its top scorer this season with 17 goals in all competitions.
The 34-year-old also missed Bayern’s 1-0 league victory over Freiburg on Saturday.
“Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting will not travel to Manchester,” Bayern said in a statement. “The forward is unavailable due to a knee problem.”
Bayern also said defender Lucas Hernandez, who has not played since suffering a knee injury at last year’s World Cup in Qatar, has returned to training with the ball.
- WPL 2024 Auction: Full list of 165 players available for Women’s Premier League auction on December 9
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronaldo’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- IND vs AUS: Needed to bowl stump to stump to negate dew factor, says Axar
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I: India beats Australia by 20 runs to win series
- Messi leaves door open to FIFA 2026 World Cup