COVID POSITIVE ANOTHER NEGATIVE FOR GLADBACH
Borussia Moenchengladbach’s weekend following their 5-1 loss to Werder Bremen on Saturday got worse when coach Daniel Farke tested positive for COVID-19 a day later.
He is the latest Bundesliga coach or player to test positive after Bayern Munich’s Thomas Mueller and Joshua Kimmich a day earlier as the number of cases rise across Germany.
Former Germany international Mario Goetze, who scored the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final, netted his second league goal of the season in Eintracht Frankfurt’s win over Bundesliga leaders Union Berlin.
The 30-year-old’s current form has brought him back into the discussion for a spot in Germany’s World Cup squad. His last international appearance was in 2017.
Striker Anthony Modeste got the backing of his former coach at Cologne Steffen Baumgart following Borussia Dortmund’s 3-2 loss to them on Saturday.
Modeste, signed by Dortmund from Cologne at the start of the season to replace new striker Sebastien Haller after he was diagnosed with testicular cancer, has scored just once so far in the league this season.
“I don’t think it’s right to pile everything on him from the outside,” Baumgart said after his team’s win over Dortmund on Saturday. Modeste netted 20 times in the league last season.
“He is not responsible for the crisis in Dortmund.” Dortmund are in fourth place.
Latest on Sportstar
- ENG vs IRE: England team bus blocked by Just Stop Oil protesters ahead of Ireland test
- It’s a mindset thing: Hayden on India’s ICC title drought, advises them to forget about outcome in WTC final
- French Open 2023: Title contender Rybakina marches past teenager Noskova into third round
- Monaco gave Mercedes a good haul of Red Bull imagery, says Allison
- Messi to leave PSG at the end of season, confirms Galtier