Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer will be sidelined for the upcoming next two encounters due to a foot injury, the Bavarian football giants announced on Thursday.
The Germany captain will be definitely ruled out until Tuesday, as he will miss the Bundesliga games against Augsburg and Hoffenheim, reports Xinhua news agency.
Neuer injured his left foot during the training session on Wednesday and underwent subsequently a minor surgery. The operation was successful but the 31-year-old will be unavailable for the next two matches.
“I had to underwent a minor surgery after suffering an injury on my left foot yesterday. Everything went well. Now I am working hard to return to the team,” Neuer said.
Sven Ulreich will replace Neuer for the upcoming Bundesliga clashes. The substitute goalkeeper will make his first appearances this season.
Bayern sits atop the Bundesliga standings with 62 points, 13 ahead of second-placed and newly promoted, Leipzig with nine rounds to spare in the title race.
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Indians in action, schedule, streaming info; First event at 6:30am IST
- Newcastle smashes Sheffield United in 8-0 thrashing
- Tigst Assefa smashes women’s marathon world record in Berlin
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City FC beats NorthEast United FC 2-1
- Asian Games 2023: Chhetri and Jhingan turn coaches on field, guiding India into round of 16 in Hangzhou