Borussia Dortmund and Jadon Sancho have penned a new contract which will keep the player at the club until 30 June 2022. The 18 year old winger, one of the most exciting young talents in his native England, has been a BVB player for a year now.
''Jadon Sancho is without doubt one of the most exciting players in Europe,'' said BVB’s sporting director Michael Zorc: ''This contract extension acknowledges the extremely positive development he's made.'' Since his arrival at the club in August 2017, the 18 year old has made 18 appearances in the Bundesliga, one in the Champions League and one in the DFB-Cup.
What have stood out above all else this season have been his statistics: in 124 minutes of Bundesliga action, Sancho has been involved in seven goals (one goal, six assists), meaning he has had a hand in a goal every 18 minutes he has been on the pitch.
''I'm so happy that I chose to come to Dortmund a year ago. Everything I was hoping for has come true: this city loves football like no other, and at BVB young players get regular playing time,'' stated Sancho, adding that: ''I can really make outstanding progress here. I'm happy, delighted and proud to be part of this team. We're building something amazing!''
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- MI vs DC Highlights, WPL 2024: Last-ball six from Sajana clinches thriller for Mumbai Indians
- Dubai Championships 2024: Qualifier Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- ISL 2023-24: Bipin grabs brace as Mumbai City cruises to win against Chennaiyin
- Manchester United to play Arsenal in one of FIFA World Cup 2026 venues during pre-season