Chelsea winger Christian Pulisic is set to be out for 10 days because of a left ankle injury, manager Thomas Tuchel said on Friday.
Pulisic was hurt on Wednesday in the United States’ 4-1 win over Honduras in a World Cup qualifier.
“Unfortunately he came yesterday on crutches,” Tuchel said, “and we have an ankle injury with about 10 days.”
That could see Pulisic miss English Premier League matches against Aston Villa and Tottenham, as well as a Champions League game against Zenit St. Petersburg in between.
Pulisic recently tested positive for COVID-19, forcing him to miss games against Arsenal and Liverpool before the international break.
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury