Russia international Denis Cheryshev has joined Valencia on a season-long loan from LaLiga counterpart Villarreal.
Valencia announced the deal in a brief statement on its official website and did not disclose whether the switch includes a right to buy the 27-year-old midfielder.
Cheryshev was one of the stars of the host nation's campaign at the 2018 World Cup, scoring four goals in five appearances in its run to the quarter-finals, as well as converting his penalty in the shock shoot-out win over Spain in the last 16.
He enjoyed a previous loan spell with Valencia during his time at Real Madrid in 2016, scoring three times in six LaLiga starts.
That followed a temporary stint at Villarreal, which Cheryshev joined on a permanent basis in June 2016, only to struggle for a regular place in the first XI. He made 24 league appearances in 2017-18 but only started nine times.
Cheryshev's arrival continues a busy week in the transfer market for Valencia, which has brought in forward duo Michy Batshuayi and Kevin Gameiro ahead of next Monday's season opener against Atletico Madrid.
- Tiger Woods wins Bob Jones Award, highest USGA honour
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore removes Avasthi in first over; Mantri, Gawali continue for MP
- Kipchoge struggles to 10th place as Kipruto wins Tokyo Marathon
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Live Streaming: When and where to watch Derby; Predicted XI, Preview
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 3