Cristiano Ronaldo will be called up to the Portugal squad for the Nations League Finals next month, Fernando Santos has confirmed.
Portugal boss Santos, who guided the nation to its first-ever international tournament triumph when the side won Euro 2016, made the announcement when speaking with Sport TV .
"Yes, CR7 will certainly be in the squad that I will name on May 23," he said. "His absence during the group stage, which has already been explained, was totally legitimate and understandable."
Portugal will face Switzerland on June 5 in the semi-finals and victory will see it through to a second final in three years and take on either England or Netherlands, who will contest the other semi-final.
Ronaldo, 34, did not feature in the Nations League group games against Italy and Poland but did make a return to international football when he featured against Ukraine and Serbia in Euro 2020 qualifiers.
The Juventus forward has scored 85 goals in 156 appearances for his country.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: Anubhav picks 5 to help MP comeback vs Andhra; Shorey departs after 50
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND 118/3 at Lunch, needs 74 runs to win; Gill, Jadeja recalibrate innings
- Energy-sapped Chelsea rues missed chances against Liverpool
- Matthew Wade itching for T20 World Cup after New Zealand whitewash
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz, Delhi Capitals aim for first win of season