Giuliano Simeone, son of Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone, was taken off the field in an ambulance after sustaining a serious leg injury while playing for Spanish club Alaves on Sunday.
Giuliano Simeone was fouled from behind in Alaves’ friendly game against Burgos. The 20-year-old forward stayed down with players from both teams calling for help after seeing the apparent injury to his left foot.
An ambulance came onto the field, and fans and players applauded as the player was driven away. The game, which was nearing its end, was called off.
Alaves did not immediately give any more detail on the injury.
Giuliano Simeone was set to make his first-division debut with Alaves this season. He played for Zaragoza in the second tier last season.
- Canada down Jamaica in CONCACAF Nations League quarters
- Miandad and Shoaib Akhtar lash out at PCB for “forcing” Babar to step down from captaincy
- MotoGP Qatar: Jorge Martin wins sprint to cut Bagnaia’s title lead
- ATP Finals 2023: Bopanna-Ebden pair suffers defeat in semifinals
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 final: Remaining calm under pressure will be key for India, says Raina