Southampton striker Charlie Austin has been hit with a violent conduct charge after he kicked Huddersfield goalkeeper Jonas Lossl in the face.
Lossl was left with a bloodied face and a suspected broken nose following the incident in Saturday's 1-1 draw at St Mary's.
Austin avoided punishment for the incident at the time, but could now face a retrospective ban from the Football Association.
He was given until 1700 GMT on Sunday to respond to the charge.
In-form Austin netted Southampton's opener midway through the first half against Huddersfield, but came off with a hamstring injury after the interval.
Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirmed Austin is likely to be sidelined for the remainder of the Christmas fixtures.
- India vs England Live Score updates, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 118/5; Akash Deep, spinners put IND in control
- Gujarat Giants WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Bhargav Bhatt picks 3 vs Mumbai ; Ajith Ram removes Pujara for 2
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin becomes first Indian bowler to pick 100 wickets against England
- WPL 2024: Spin twins Sophie Ecclestone, Deepti Sharma raring to go in UP Warriorz’ title bid