Pep Guardiola refused to enter into discussions about the prospect of Ilkay Gundogan joining Manchester City for next season.
Reports in England have claimed that a deal is in place for the Borussia Dortmund star to complete a move to the Etihad Stadium for a fee in the region of €38million.
Guardiola, who will succeed Manuel Pellegrini as City boss at the end of the season, was claimed to have ironed out his transfer plans after meeting with director Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam last month.
But the Bayern Munich boss bristled when asked for his view on the rumours surrounding Gundogan's future ahead of his side's DFB-Pokal semi-final with Werder Bremen.
"I am the coach of Bayern Munich," he said simply when asked about a deal for the player.
Gundogan, 25, has made 39 appearances in all competitions for Thomas Tuchel's Dortmund this season.
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave