Liverpool forward Diogo Jota will miss the Christmas fixtures after manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed his knee injury picked up against FC Midtjylland in midweek was worse than first thought.
Jota was injured close to the end of Liverpool's 1-1 draw in the Champions League.
“Yeah, it's worse than we first thought and better than we then thought,” Klopp said before kickoff in their Premier League clash at Fulham on Sunday. “All the potential surgeons had a look on it, no surgery needed.
“But he will be out for a while. We don't know exactly but one-and-a-half, two months. It's pretty similar with Kostas Tsimikas, by the way. Unbelievable.”
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round