Manchester City slipped off the pace in their bid to catch up with Premier League leader Arsenal as it was held to a 1-1 draw by Everton in its final match of the year.
Erling Haaland made a positive start for Pep Guardiola’s men when he latched on to Riyad Mahrez’s pass to tap home his 21st league goal of the season.
After a number of stoppages early in the second half, with one taking over six minutes as the assistant referee’s communications headset was repaired, Demarai Gray levelled for the visitors.
The Everton winger surged up the left-hand flank in a rare counter-attack before cutting inside and unleashing a curling effort from the edge of the box which left City goalkeeper Ederson beaten.
The result left second-placed City four points behind Arsenal having played a game more, while Everton is 16th with 15 points. It is two points above the relegation zone..
- Pro Kabaddi League LIVE Score, UP Yoddhas vs Gujarat Giants: UP 14-18 GG, Parteek gives Gujarat lead at half-time; Vishal Tate fires Haryana to 46-40 victory over U Mumba
- La Liga 2023-24: Atletico Madrid breezes past Las Palmas 5-0 with Inter in the horizon
- Al Nassr vs Al Fateh LIVE Score: Lineups out, streaming info - Saudi Pro League updates
- Ranji Trophy: Easwaran double hundred puts Bihar on back foot
- Hyderabad FC vs East Bengal FC Highlights, HFC 0-1 EBFC, ISL 2023-24: Cleiton Silva goal enough to earn three points for East Bengal