Gabriel Agbonlahor will face no further action after Aston Villa held an investigation into his conduct while on holiday in Dubai during the recent international break.
Pictures of the forward appearing to hold a shisha pipe during his holiday surfaced in the media last week.
Agbonlahor was subsequently suspended as the club carried out an investigation and he was absent for Saturday's 4-0 defeat to Chelsea at Villa Park, with interim manager Eric Black hoping to avoid "a Gabby Agbonlahor circus".
On Tuesday, the club posted on Twitter: "Aston Villa Football Club has completed its investigation into Gabby Agbonlahor's trip to Dubai over the international break. The club will be taking no further action."
Other results over the weekend left Villa 15 points from safety with just six games to play and facing an almost certain relegation to the Championship.
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Nassr ahead at halftime after Talisca goal
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29