Tottenham Hotspur forward Richarlison said on Monday that he will be undergoing pelvic surgery.
Richarlison remained on the bench for Spurs’ 4-1 defeat by Chelsea on Monday, and the striker who has struggled for form and goals this season spoke to ESPN Brazil after the game about his medical problems.
“The last few months haven’t been easy for me. I’ve had health problems,” Richarlison said.
“I’ve already spoken to the doctors and soon I will have surgery on my pubis. I’ve been suffering, fighting for my national team and my club for eight months and haven’t been taking care of myself.”
The 26-year-old also said he understood the decision of Brazil manager Fernando Diniz not to select him in the squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Argentina and Colombia due to his poor form.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 120/6, leads by 166 runs; Bairstow falls after Tea
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon