Senegal replaced Tunisia as the highest ranked African national team when the monthly statistics were released by FIFA Thursday.
The Senegalese rose from second place on the back of a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying victory in Equatorial Guinea during November.
Tunisia lost away to Egypt in the same competition, and was also beaten at home by Morocco in a friendly.
Only five African countries — Senegal, Tunisia, Morocco, Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo — are among the top 50 in the world.
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets
- Happy we could play to the merit of the ball: Deshpande after scripting history with Kotian in Ranji Trophy quarterfinal
- Shreyas Iyer included in Mumbai squad for Ranji Trophy semifinal
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Kotian, Deshpande script record-breaking feat against Baroda as Mumbai enters semis