The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 confirmed Ahmedabad as a provisional venue for the tournament.
Addressing the media at TransStadia on 22nd December, Tournament Director of the LOC, Roma Khanna said, “We are happy to give a provisional clearance to Ahmedabad. The Government of Gujarat has committed its full support and assistance into making the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 a big success in the state.
"TransStadia is one of the best facilities in the country at the moment, and we would like to congratulate the Government and the stadium authorities for being part of one of the most important events in the history of Indian football”.
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup: Bhubaneswar's Kalinga Stadium gets provisional clearance
Minister of Sports, Youth and Cultural Activity, Govt. of Gujarat, Shri Ishwarsinh Patel said, “It will be a huge honour for Gujarat to host the first FIFA tournament for women in the country. We are completely committed to fulfilling all our responsibilities towards making the Tournament a success.”
The FIFA delegation too had expressed their satisfaction at the progress made in Ahmedabad when they inspected the facility on November 30.
FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 will be held next year between November 2 and November 21.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures