Quiz 1978 Football World Cup
Daniel Passerella holds the cup after Argentina's win in the final against Netherlands in Buenos Aires. - THE HINDU ARCHIVESSTART THE QUIZ
1 / 9 |
At the 1978 World Cup, Tunisia became the first African team to win a game at the quadrennial tournament. It defeated, drew with and lost to ..., ... and ..., respectively, in the group stage.
- West Germany, Poland, Mexico
- Poland, Mexico, West Germany
- Mexico, West Germany, Poland
2 / 9 |
Which of these is not a Muller who scored for West Germany at the 1978 World Cup?
3 / 9 |
Argentina legend Diego Maradona, 17 at the time, did not play any game at the 1978 World Cup because ...?
- He wasn’t named in the squad
- He was injured
- He had a falling out with manager César Luis Menotti
4 / 9 |
Rob Rensenbrink of the Netherlands and Teofilo Cubillas of Peru both scored hat-tricks in the group stage of the 1978 World Cup. Which of the following is not true about the two hat-tricks?
- Both were scored against the same team
- Both were scored on the same day
- Both included two goals from penalty kicks
5 / 9 |
Brazil finished third at the 1978 World Cup, playing seven games along the way. How many games did it lose?
6 / 9 |
Mario Kempes scored six goals in seven games for Argentina at the 1978 World Cup. In the 10 World Cups since, how many players have surpassed that mark?
7 / 9 |
Penalty shootouts, which were first introduced at the 1978 World Cup, decided how many games at that tournament?
8 / 9 |
What the mascot for Argentina 1978 called?
9 / 9 |
BONUS QUESTION: Gauchito, the 1978 World Cup mascot, is ...?
- A boy in the host’s kit, wearing a hat, a neckerchief and a whip
- An orange wearing the host’s kit
- A boy wearing the host’s kit and a sombrero