France vs Argentina
Samuel Umtiti has dismissed criticism of France's performances and insists the naysayers will change their tune if Les Bleus triumph in Russia.
Didier Deschamps' men have struggled to hit top gear in the World Cup so far, although they still managed to top Group C with seven points from three games. However, a turgid goalless draw with Denmark on Tuesday — a stalemate that ensured France finished first and Denmark qualified - attracted plenty of negative headlines.
Next up is a blockbuster clash with Argentina — and Umtiti's Barcelona club-mate Lionel Messi — in the last 16 on Saturday and the former Lyon man says only the result counts in Kazan.
Uruguay vs Portugal
Portugal has the edge over Uruguay's all-star attack thanks to Cristiano Ronaldo's brilliance, according to right-back Cedric Soares.
The sides meet in Sochi on Saturday, with Uruguay the only team alongside Croatia from the six completed groups at Russia 2018 to boast a 100 per cent record.
La Celeste's strength is based on the twin pillars of Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani up front and Atletico Madrid centre-back pairing Diego Godin and Jose Gimenez, who must face up to a familiar foe.
- Round of 16: France vs Argentina, 1930 IST, Kazan Arena, Kazan.
- Round-of-16: Uruguay vs Portugal, 2330 IST, Fisht Stadium, Sochi
Both matches will be broadcast live on SONY ESPN, TEN 3, and TEN 2.
- Asian Games 2023, September 25 LIVE updates: Sri Lanka begins 117-run chase vs India in women’s cricket final; Vijayveer 4th in 25m men’s rapid fire pistol
- Pochettino says Chelsea must ‘grow up like a team’
- India vs Sri Lanka Cricket Final Live Score, Asian Games 2023: Mandhana, Jemimah help India set target of 117
- Shooting, Asian Games 2023 HIGHLIGHTS: India wins gold in men’s 10m air rifle team; Aishwary gets bronze - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Premier League: Newcastle hungry for goals and success, says Howe after 8-0 win